Thursday, July 7, 2011

My Theory on who you should be listening to.

It’s been way too long since I’ve made a post about music, especially after the twitter fiasco -if you’ve been with me from the beginning you know what I am talking about. If not -we NEVER speak of the twitter fiasco in detail. 

Moving on … I was inspired this weekend after I was asked about what’s on my iPod.  This person is as critical as I am, so when he loved what I showed him – I felt obligated to make my choices public.  You may, or may not have heard of these artists – but now that you know better, you can do better.



Yaw Geez – About a year ago my girlfriend, Rose, told me about a concert that her friend Yaw was having and suggested that I cover it for the site. Being the critical individual I am, I declined. One of my biggest fears is that awkward moment when you realize that your friends friend’s music sucks – and those are always the ones that have a nerve to ask you what you think. Long story short … I was recently inspired to check out his album, Entry Level. Ladies and Gentleman, I am honestly extremely disappointed that it took me an entire year to enjoy the album.  Pure dopeness.

Songs that should be on the radio: 9 to 5er’s and Computer Love.



Mike Baker the Bike Maker – Dude is as cool as his flow is. Was happy to meet him and his love at the A Tribe Called Quest documentary screening during Tribeca. I breathed a sigh of relief, as I heard the first bars on Refreshing – track one on his project, Body of Work. Not to mention homey is from the Golden State, you how we do on the left coast.

My favorite track? The Coast is Clear – his latest single.






You can thank me later,
Theory

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your theory with us, we all want to know what you think. Be careful, I comment back.