Friday, February 11, 2011

Internship Day 1

If you keep up with me, you know that today I started my internship with the New York Fashion Week Internship Placement Program. I am amazed that I am still awake after this long day.

Despite not being able to sleep the night before, I arrived early at the Sachika Show room in Manhattan. After a quick tour of the collection (which is fancy, bright, and covet-able), Mecca put me to work immediately. I can't tell you how much I learned by observation today. One of the days highlights was watching and listening to the twins, To-Tam and To-Nya, give a magazine interview - they are on their ish. After wrapping up the day at Sachika, Kenneth Kyrell and I headed uptown to finally meet our NYFWIPP cohorts.
AfroBella, Huny and Marie Denee

We all met for dinner and a discussion with renowned Fashion/Lifestyle Bloggers AfroBella, Huny, and The Curvy Fashionista - Marie Denee.  It was such an enriching conversation and left me contemplating how I would and how quickly I could implement all the advice they gave. Let me add that I thought the night was going to be a bust after we walked for over 20 blocks to get to dinner - I have to say it was worth the walk.

It's not too late to head on over to www.TheUnemployedEditor.com to make a donation to help cover the expenses of the eight interns who are here to get one step closer to making their dreams come true.

1 comment:

  1. how exciting! i'm so glad that you're having a great adventure. xox

    ReplyDelete

Share your theory with us, we all want to know what you think. Be careful, I comment back.