Tuesday, September 7, 2010

10 things you HAVE to do while in Miami

The summer was coming to a much dreaded end, and I had not fulfilled the promise to myself to travel to a beach before it was too late.  During a fantastic dinner with my cousin Dee, we decided a trip to Miami was in order.

Since I had never been, I had no idea what to expect. Little did I know that I was in for the best vacation of my life - so far. After being inspired by a friend of mine on Facebook, I decided to compile a list of all the necessary things to do in The 305.

1.) Adapt the "When in Rome" philosophy - Miami is one of those places where the rules just don't apply - so go against the status quo as much as you feel comfortable with.

2.) Go topless on the beach - For as long as I can remember, I have always been upset at the fact that men with breast can go topless, but women can't. I mean how sexist is that idea? Do they not think women can get equally as hot? It was the most liberating experience, and we only got stalked by one perv. Another bonus? NO TAN LINES!

3.) Use Carol's Daughter Browning Oil - It works wonders. However, do not forget to use sunscreen. You do not want to end up with a sunburned-peeling face - that is no bueno. But I am so brown that I can't even see my birthmark.

4.) Have breakfast at Park Central Cafe - I can honestly say it was the best breakfast that I have had in a restaurant AND it was only $4.25. They offer several options and it comes with free fresh squeezed OJ or coffee. You can't beat it. Be sure to specify you want the FREE OJ - because a regular glass is $5. It's on Ocean Drive near 5th Ave.

5.) Talk to everyone - You never know who you will meet, what crazy story you will hear, or what you might get out of it.
6.) Ask for SJ at the Cleavlander - show him my picture and tell him I NEED his phone number. #JustKidding #UnlessYourGonnaDoIt

7.) Get in the water - It is warm and salt water is good for cleaning out your pores.

8.) Take in the serenity of the ocean in the morning - There is nothing like the sound of the waves brushing up against the shore. It is so calming and soothing - it does wonders for the soul.

9.)  Wear an outfit that you would NEVER wear at home - I mean hell -it's Florida, it's the beach, everybody is sexy . . . SO ARE YOU!

10.) Drink plenty of water - You are going to be drinking and out in the sun - don't forget to stay hydrated. It would be a bummer to have to head to the hospital during your vacation.

HAVE FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your theory with us, we all want to know what you think. Be careful, I comment back.