Monday, April 16, 2012

You've got to try Dorado: Tacos & Quesadillas in NYC


The Baja Original Fish Taco

The other day I was taking a quick break from work to do a quick shoot for the documentary and I needed to find a quick bite to eat before I rushed back to work. The Queen of Film and I wandered down 12th Street and stopped at Dorado a street style Mexican Taco spot at 28 East 12th St near the corner of University Place in the Village. Anyone who knows me knows that I am a sucker for Mexican/Hispanic food. 


Dorado's is known for its "Baja Original Fish Taco," but not being a huge fan of fish I opted to try the Grilled Chicken and Veggie tacos, which ran me $6. 


Seeing that I would have spent as much on a less healthy meal, the ingredients were worth the money. I will admit it was a little spicy, but it was so good that I powered right through the roasted pepper habanero salsa. 


I am excited to go back to try a quesadilla, the tortilla soup, and a class of sangria. They also have salads and authentic Mexican soda on the menu. If you stop by tell them I sent you ... hopefully that'll get me a free quesadilla. I'm serious.


XXOO,
Brandice aka Theory

Muy, muy delicioso
Muy, muy caliente.
All photos by Jasmine Castillo

2 comments:

  1. Too cute! Them tacos look good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have to be sure to try a couple if you are ever in Union Square, they are so soooo good. <3

      Delete

Share your theory with us, we all want to know what you think. Be careful, I comment back.