Tuesday, June 15, 2010

THANK DRAKE LATER: South Street Seaport Shut Down

Photo credit to B3latrix


Today I thought I would have a chance to see Drake performing live at the sea port in NYC. Boy was I wrong. My P.I.C. and I rolled up trying to make our way through the crowd, I got bumped, stepped on, and pushed way too many times.

That is when my 28-year-old-spidi-sense kicked in. I knew that the pier was over capacity. I knew standing there in that sea of people that if something happened,  there was no room to run. I had visions of the Rhode Island Club Fire, and thought, "I will be damned if I get trampled for Drake." So, we left.

As we are walking away from the seaport, thousands more were heading down there. With my own eyes I saw people throwing soda cans at each other - I knew I had no business being there. Foresight is 20/20.  Watch this video to see some of what went down.

Be sure to thank Drake later. 




UPDATE: So last night others had a chance to upload their video of the event, and it as worse than I thought. People were throwing chairs off the balcony and throwing glass bottles. THANK YOU JESUS FOR MY COMMON SENSE.



"Wouldn't have let that shit happen to me though . . . " is what my P.I.C would have said:

2 comments:

  1. I was very upset dat da concert neva happened afta standin around for 3hours without any notice from da show promoters ppl started gettin restless wat do u expect when u have all age groups mix together in a small place they were so not prepared do they kno who drake is I guess not bcuz if it was lil wayne it wud of have been shut down all to the train station but at the same all the ppl dat were doin stupid sht dnnt count 4 da ppl like me who came to have a gud time drake plz cum bacc to ny and this time make sure its prepared better

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Ladycam - I could not agree more! Yes Drizzy baby, please come back to NYC. According to the promoters twitter, they said they were going to make it up to the fans. We shall see.

    ReplyDelete

Share your theory with us, we all want to know what you think. Be careful, I comment back.